Fashion-Films-Feast! #6: BILL CUNNINGHAM NEW YORK

MARIA-MARIA_Fashion-Films-Feast_BILLCUNNINGHAMNEWYORK-6

EVERY STREET STYLE blog around owes much of its existence to Bill Cunningham. The man in a blue working coat has been pursuing beauty in fashion for decades, with a column in the New York Times that goes back to 1978, covering the first Yves Saint Laurent prêt-a-porter show or Halston presentations. The documentary you’re about to see, BILL CUNNINGHAM NEW YORK, is sixth in the Fashion Films Feast! series and shows us a bit more about the boy who dropped out of Harvard, never had a single love relationship in his life, lives in a cabinet with no kitchen or bathroom, doesn’t accept even a glass of water on venues, has a hard time talking about religion, and at 85 years old still roams the streets of the world in his bike, every single day, looking for beauty. Watch and learn, kids!

É UMA VERDADE ABSOLUTA: Todos os bloggers de Street Style deste mundo devem muito a Bill Cunningham. O senhor de cabelos (agora) brancos e bata azul tem vindo a perseguir a beleza na moda há décadas, com uma coluna no New York Times que remonta a 1978, ao primeiro desfile de prêt-a-porter Yves Saint Laurent e às colecções de Halston. O documentário que vão ver, BILL CUNNINGHAM NEW YORK, é o sexto deste Fashion Films Feast! e mostra-nos um pouco mais sobre o rapaz que desistiu de Harvard, nunca teve uma única relação amorosa, vive numa arrecadação sem cozinha ou casa de banho, não aceita sequer um copo de água nos eventos que fotografa, tem uma dificuldade enorme em falar sobre religião, e aos 85 anos ainda percorre as ruas do mundo na sua bicicleta, todos os dias, em busca de beleza. Vejam e aprendam, miúdos!

Continue reading

Advertisements

Work: Starlet Stare

Starlet-Stare_styled_by_Eva-Maria_for_Institute-Magazine-01

STARLET STARE is a series of beauty portraits that was recently featured on Institute Magazine, styled by me and shot by my dear Dulce Daniel .

Under this idea of a young starlet playing a staring contest with the viewer, inspired by 50’s and 60’s divas, we present you Daniela Lesco with gorgeous make-up by Sara Marques de Oliveira and impeccably groomed hair by Rita Vicente.

STARLET STARE é uma série de retratos beauty com styling meu e fotografia da minha querida Dulce Daniel, que foram recentemente publicados na Institute Magazine.

Sob a ideia de uma jovem estrela que joga ao sério com o leitor, inspirada nas divas dos anos 50 e 60, apresento-vos a Daniela Lesco, com maquilhagem irrepreensível pela Sara Marques de Oliveira e cabelo maravilhosamente moldado pela Rita Vicente.

Continue reading

Dove’s Real Beauty Sketches

 

SOMETIMES WE CAN be harsh on ourselves. Look in the mirror and see a whole lot less than we should. That’s why Dove decided to ingeniously show us the truth through this “Real Beauty Sketches” campaign. Although it is primarily a commercial campaign, it does get to you. It makes you think about the “4% of women around the world who consider themselves beautiful”. Odds are you’re on the 96% side. See the portraits after clicking “Read More”.

ÀS VEZES SOMOS demasiado duras com nós próprias e o que vemos no espelho é muito menos do que devíamos. Por essas e por outras a Dove decidiu mostrar-nos engenhosamente a verdade através da campanha “Real Beauty Sketches”. Embora seja, na sua essência, uma campanha comercial, consegue tocar-nos e fazer-nos pensar sobre os “4% de mulheres em todo o mundo que se consideram bonitas”. É mais provável estarmos do lado dos 96%. Espreitem os resultados clicando em “Read More”.

Continue reading

Image is Powerful by Cameron Russell

BECAUSE THE END of the year is always a good time to reflect, here’s an interesting presentation on the power of image by model Cameron Russell at TEDx Atlantic this year. Very nice to meet you, Cameron.

PORQUE O FIM DO ANO é sempre uma boa altura para reflectir, aqui fica uma apresentação interessante sobre o poder da imagem feita pela modelo Cameron Russell no TEDx Atlantic este ano. Gostei muito de te conhecer, Cameron.

Inside CHANEL – Chapter 2

Inside Chanel - Chapter 2 - Marilyn Unveiled

CHANEL RELEASED the second chapter of their “Inside Chanel” series I talked you about here. This time we get to hear the long lost recording of Marilyn talking about Nº 5 and this piece is as good as the first one. Please keep them coming, Chanel. Click “Read More” to watch it.

A CHANEL PUBLICOU o segundo capítulo da série de videos “Inside Chanel” de que falei aqui. Desta vez dão-nos a oportunidade de ouvir uma gravação da Marilyn perdida há anos, onde fala do Nº5. Este capítulo é tão bem feito quanto o anterior. Não pares, Chanel. Cliquem “Read More” para ver o video.

Continue reading

Inside CHANEL – Chapter 1

Inside Chanel - Video #1 - Chanel Nº 5

(PRETTY MUCH) EVERYONE in the world knows Chanel Nº5 and one or two facts behind the famous scent. Facts like Marilyn Monroe allegedly sleeping with nothing but a few drops of it. What most of us don’t know is the story behind the iconic perfume, the process it went through, the aromas it encloses and how it has evolved over the years, since its creation in 1921. The first perfume ever to be created for a fashion house has a special place in history and CHANEL decided to tell it by means of this beautiful, inspiring video. Go ahead and feel the fragrant notes of Nº5, just click “Read More”.

NÃO DEVE HAVER (QUASE) ninguém por esse mundo fora que não conheça o nome Chanel Nº5 e um ou dois factos sobre o perfume mais famoso do mundo. Factos como o de Marilyn Monroe alegamente dormir com umas gotas apenas, por exemplo. O que a maioria de nós desconhece é a história por detrás deste aroma icónico, os processos por que passou, as notas que o compõem e como tem evoluído aos longo dos anos, desde a sua criação em 1921. O primeiro perfume criado por uma casa de moda tem um lugar especial na história, e a CHANEL decidiu contá-la através deste vídeo tão bonito quanto inspirador. Para sentirem as notas florais do Nº5, cliquem em “Read More”.

Continue reading

My Kumquat

MARC-JACOBS KUMQUAT Eau de ToiletteAND AFTER ALMOST FIVE YEARS I’ve finally found the right “new” perfume! It was a birthday gift to myself and it feels like a life achievement! AND I got the boyfriend to approve it, which is tough, I can tell you. It’s fruity, as I like them, but not too sweet, and it’s a part of the Tropical trio that includes Rain, Hibiscus and this one, Kumquat. I had no idea of what Kumquat meant (although it sounded really good and smelled too) so I googled it.

E QUASE CINCO ANOS DEPOIS encontrei finalmente o perfume “novo” certo!  Foi prenda de aniversário de mim para mim e uma verdadeira conquista! E consegui a aprovação do namorado, o que, garanto-vos, não é fácil. É frutado, como eu gosto, mas não demasiado doce, e faz parte do trio Tropical, que inclui o Rain, o Hibiscus e este, Kumquat. Como não fazia a mínima ideia do significado de Kumquat (apesar de soar bastante bem e cheirar também), googlei.

Continue reading